Resilience, solidarity, loyalty: Oikocredit publishes its Annual Report 2020
Today Oikocredit published its Annual Report 2020. While effects of Covid-19 had implications for Oikocredit’s income, assets and portfolio, business continuity is secure – thanks to investors’ loyalty.
The report offers an in-depth look at Oikocredit’s financial results and shares some of the stories behind the numbers, stories like Carmiña López’s (featured on the cover of the report). Carmiña started her business with one other person – her husband – and now employs 20 people who are currently making masks to protect people from the pandemic.
You can also hear from our Managing Board and read about our business model that, despite challenges caused by the global pandemic, is in good shape.
Thos Gieskes, Managing Director at Oikocredit, said: “At Oikocredit we are proud of the way our partner organisations have coped with Covid-19 and of the solidarity we have provided. We offered support from the beginning, such as by providing training, rescheduling partners’ loans and giving direct grants from our solidarity fund. We continue to be there for our partners, many of whom work closely with low-income people in some of the poorest communities in Africa, Asia, and Latin America and the Caribbean.”
Read the annual report: https://www.oikocredit.coop/en/publications/annual-reports
- 15 april | 2021 - Resilience, solidarity, loyalty: Oikocredit publishes its Annual Report 2020
- 12 april | 2021 - Maanaveeya awarded silver medal for ‘Investing in People’
- 08 april | 2021 - Fintech Avanti Finance raises US$ 26 million in Series A funding round led by Oikocredit and others
- 08 april | 2021 - Managing Board Change at Oikocredit
- 06 april | 2021 - Interview: Swift action safeguarded results
- 01 april | 2021 - Oikocredit invests in Banco Caribe to promote sustainable development of SMEs in Dominican Republic