Oikocredit holds 45th annual general meeting
Last week Oikocredit held its 45th Annual General Meeting (AGM) in Amersfoort, the Netherlands, with members and others participating through a web-based conferencing and electronic voting system.
For the second year running, the AGM was held as a hybrid meeting with only a small number of participants gathered at the Oikocredit office in Amersfoort, the Netherlands, due to the extraordinary circumstances of the coronavirus pandemic. Supervisory Board member Maya Mungra chaired the meeting and around 90 member representatives participated and voted online.
Key decisions voted on
The members approved the annual accounts for 2020 and discharged the Managing Board and Supervisory Board for their respective activities in 2020.
Proposals approved at the AGM included:
- The Managing Board and Supervisory Board’s proposal to not pay a dividend for 2020, given the loss incurred in 2020 as a result of the pandemic
- Amendments to the articles of association concerning: i) a 1-year extension of the transitional clause approved in 2018, (ii) the introduction of mandatory statutory rules in case of absence and inability to serve of Managing Board and Supervisory Board members and (iii) the extension of period of notice and clarification of rules for submittance of alternatives for agenda items for the General Meeting
- Increasing the involvement of the cooperative members in both the recruitment of a Managing Director as well as in the nomination of Supervisory Board members
- The convention of an Extraordinary General Meeting later in the year to discuss the cooperative’s inflow model and 2022-2026 strategy, among other things
Appointments and elections
Gaston Aussems was appointed to serve on the Supervisory Board. Members thanked outgoing Supervisory Board members Ruth Waweru and Eltjo Kok for their valuable contributions to Oikocredit.
Three new members were elected to the Members’ Council: Aglaë Hagg, Peter Koona Tefo and Matthias Lehnert. Christiane Riffaud was elected for a second term. Five members, whose second term ended, left the Members’ Council: Ulrike Chini, Polisi Kivava Baudouin, Huub Lems, Emmanuel Muhozi and Hans van Nie. They had served on the Members’ Council since its foundation in 2016 and members thanked them for their work in establishing and further developing the role of the council.
- 28 juni | 2021 - Oikocredit is ready for the future [interview]
- 24 juni | 2021 - Oikocredit invests in Fin’Elle to support women entrepreneurs in Côte d'Ivoire
- 23 juni | 2021 - Looking for our new Managing Director
- 16 juni | 2021 - Specialty coffee making an impact
- 14 juni | 2021 - Oikocredit holds 45th annual general meeting
- 10 juni | 2021 - Oikocredit invests in Grace and Mercy to expand lending to women in rural communities across Nigeria
- 03 juni | 2021 - Oikocredit invests in FCMB Limited to support low-income communities in Nigeria