Latest investment to power West African communities with solar energy
Oikocredit invests € 1.4 million in Weziza Benin to support the growth of distributed energy in West Africa.
With our investment of € 1.4 million, energy enterprise Weziza Benin will be able to connect 40,000 people in rural Benin to consistent solar electricity. These funds will go towards development, construction, and operation of a renewable energy system based on a collection of solar mini-grids over the next 10 years.
Our partnership on this project is to aid the transition from non-renewable to clean energy in developing nations, and set an example of sustainable development.
Siebren Wilschut, Investment Officer at Oikocredit, said: "We're delighted to support Weziza Benin as they expand their provision of access to safe, clean and reliable energy. Renewable energy mini-grids have enormous potential to meet the needs of millions who currently experience energy poverty, to support productive uses of electricity and to stimulate development in rural communities. With Oikocredit’s support, Weziza Benin will continue to scale up its social impact for the benefit of thousands of households.”
Arkiv > 2022 > april
- 21 april | 2022 - Financial results for 2021: achievement and recovery
- 21 april | 2022 - Q4 2021 quarterly report: Achievement and recovery
- 19 april | 2022 - Gwen van Berne appointed as Director of Finance & Risk
- 14 april | 2022 - Impacting investing in West Africa [interview]
- 12 april | 2022 - Latest investment to power West African communities with solar energy