Aqua for All interviews Oikocredit’s Managing Director on new partnership
Oikocredit and Aqua for All joined forces to help increase access to water and sanitation in Asia and Africa. In this interview, Aqua for All sits down with Mirjam 't Lam, Oikocredit's Managing Director, to discuss the new partnership and how it can help impact low-income communities.
In June 2022, Oikocredit and Aqua for All launched a two-year partnership aimed at increasing access to water and sanitation among low-income communities in Asia and Africa.
Mirjam shares about the new community-focused approach that Oikocredit is embarking on as part of its new strategy and how investing in water and sanitation contribute to that.
“Water is crucial for life, and everybody has a right to have access to clean water. Unfortunately, this right is not universal. With 2 billion people without access to clean water and more than 3 billion lacking proper toilets, there is so much to do for WASH in low-income countries. We believe constructing an ecosystem that includes local governments, microfinance institutions, enterprises and other stakeholders is a functioning approach to improving access to clean water. Starting from this critical sector, we can then build up to other impactful areas, such as sanitation, water recycling, and water conservation,” Mirjam said.
Read the interview on Aqua for All’s website here.
- 2022-11-28 - Prioritising impact and maintaining balance: interview with Gwen van Berne
- 2022-11-23 - Oikocredit invests in Ivorian fintech Djamo to support its growth and expansion in francophone West Africa
- 2022-11-21 - Q3 2022 quarterly report: Moving in the right direction
- 2022-11-14 - Mobilising investments in water and sanitation | Interview with Josien Sluijs
- 2022-11-10 - Oikocredit invests US$ 1,000,000 in Standard Life Organisation to support low-income entrepreneurs in Nigeria
- 2022-11-01 - Oikocredit banar väg för ny modell för kapitalanskaffning
- 2022-11-01 - Aqua for All interviews Oikocredit’s Managing Director on new partnership