Oikocredit and Ueno join forces to promote Paraguayan women’s empowerment
€ 4.5 million Oikocredit loan will support women-led micro, small and medium enterprises in Paraguay
Oikocredit is providing a € 4.5 million five-year term loan to Financiera Ueno to boost the Paraguayan financial services provider’s support for women entrepreneurs.
Financiera Ueno, a regulated financial institution, operates with a digital model designed to serve individuals and small businesses. It is committed to sustainable development, and to contribute to the economy in Paraguay by creating value through a simple and transparent approach.
Ueno will use Oikocredit’s financing to assist women-led micro, small and medium-sized enterprises in obtaining opportunities, achieving their ambitions and enabling lasting beneficial change in women’s lives.
Financiera Ueno launched in February 2022, following the Central Bank of Paraguay’s approval of the purchase of Financiera El Comercio by Grupo Vázquez, which became Ueno’s majority and controlling shareholder.
- 29 juni | 2023 - Oikocredit leads US$ 2.5 million extension funding round for Uruguayan fintech partner Bankingly
- 27 juni | 2023 - How impact investing can bridge the MSME funding gap
- 22 juni | 2023 - Oikocredit and Ueno join forces to promote Paraguayan women’s empowerment
- 16 juni | 2023 - Oikocredit holds 47th annual general meeting
- 15 juni | 2023 - Unaitas: 30 years of impact investing for success
- 12 juni | 2023 - Enhancing our mission: Mirjam 't Lam on the new way to invest
- 07 juni | 2023 - Cultivating Prosperity: Kyazanga Farmers' Cooperative Society Leverages IFIL Loan for Substantial Growth